how to install pool table light
BCA (Billiard Congress of America)
How to Install Pool Table Light Mounting and lighting
- The bed and rails of the table must receive at least 520 lux (48 footcandles) of light at every point.
- A screen or reflector configuration is advised so that the center of the table does not receive noticeably more lighting than the rails and the corners of the table.
- If the light fixture above the table may be moved aside (referee), the minimum height of the fixture should be no lower than 40 inches [1.016 m] above the bed of the table.
- If the light fixture above the table is non-movable, the fixture should be no lower than 65 inches [1.65 m] above the bed of the table.
- The intensity of any directed light on the players at the table should not be blinding. Blinding light starts at 5000 lux (465 footcandles) direct view.
Pool Table Lights come with a canopy shown below in the picture that allows you to mount the pool table light to the ceiling and hard-wire it directly into the electrical of your Home. You will use the on and off switch on your wall to turn the light on/off. Some Pool table lights have an option of standard plug and inline on/off switch, but this is an option only on some Pool Table Lights. The standard installation for pool table lights is Canopy style with home hard-wire setup.