Robotron Arcade Game
You Can Now get Robotron Arcade along with other Williams arcade games released in the 80's
Robotron: 2084 was produced by Williams Electronics, Inc. (1967-1985) in 1982.
Williams Electronics, Inc. (1967-1985) released 209 different machines in under this trade name, starting in 1959.
Other machines made by Williams Electronics, Inc. (1967-1985) during the time period Robotron: 2084 was produced include Reflex, Thunderball, Spellbinder, Varkon, Sinistar, Cyclone (1981), Defender, Make Trax, Barracora, and Black Knight Limited Edition
Each kind of Robotron has a different way of attacking you and also different point values. Points are also scored by destroying the missiles that they fire at you, by destroying other enemies that appear during each wave and by saving humans.
- Grunts (100 points) do not shoot but they will attack in large numbers.
- Brains (500 points) can fire Cruise Missles (25 points) at you and turn humans into Progs (100 points).
- Spheroids (1000 points) can create Enforcers (150 points) which fire guided mines (25 points) at you.
- Quarks(1000 points) will create Tanks (200 points) that will try to run over you or fire Bounce Bombs (25 points) at you.
- Hulks are indestructible and will kill humans as they approach. Your blaster will only halt them as long as you are shooting them.
- Obstacles such as Electrodes in your path can be removed by firing at them with your blaster.
- Humans are worth an increasing point value. The first human scores 1000 points, the second is worth 2000 points and so on until the point value reaches 5000. The point value will remain at 5000 for all the remaining humans in the same wave. When the wave is completed or you have been killed, the points awarded for saving another human will be reset to 1000.
During each wave, you must destroy all the Robotrons (with the exception of the indestructible Hulks) and rescue as many human family members as possible in order to proceed to the next wave. When you complete wave 255 it will appear as if you just started the game! Wave 1 starts it all over. Your score will be unaffected